Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Smok'n at a Tailgate Party - Dallas vs Houston

Smoking BBQ
Yep, fans were smok'n at the tailgate party for the Texans. Houston fans hosted the Dallas fans for a rip-roaring Texas party on the grass and pavement in the parking lots outside of Reliant Stadium.  Lines of traffic at 8AM testified to the fact that this would be a great I-45 Championship game at 12:00.  Some started with coffee but were well into the beer long before they got to the stadium.
Custom omelets

Some cooked by smoke; some by steam and other by direct fire.

These omelets in a boiling pan was the breakfast shortly followed by grilled steak at one tent. Each omelet was custom built by the person and put into a bag with their name on it. In just 12 minutes, it was ready! Served with coffee  .... yum yum! Judging from the alcohol and bar next to it, I assumed the breakfast table was closed soon after I left, and the party commenced to get under way here!
Links are ready!  Let's eat!
These links were cooked on the grill. I got to taste many fans' cooking on this day. Yum!

Foot remedy
Last Tailgate against the Colts, feet were smoked by the sun and 100 degree heat. This time, these folks came prepared. Honest! This ice was for their feet!!!! Smok'n in reverse ...

Shish Kbob heaven
  Grill'n and smok'n some juicy bobs!
Football war dance
Smokin some steaks as they danced the might Texan war dance. Might have been smoking something else too. Hold it! I see an enemy warrior in the camp!
Serious Smoker
Commercial BBQ places show their stuff off here as well, but this just happens to be a grill won in a $20 lottery last year. The owner loves it! Check out the signatures when you are out there.
Bacon wraps
Now that's smokin! Just getting started on the food but the beer is well on its way.Texans all the way!
Hot dog!
Cook up some chili and boil some wieners and you got a family dinner! Don't they look great!?
Wrapped Jalapeños
 
Stuffed jalapeños. They called them Jalapeño wraps. "Mildly hot." After I ate the one or two they offered me, I ran looking for a beer or two or three!!! ANYTHING COLD!
Wings
I asked about these but did not sample their wings. The cook said they were very hot. Well, after the not-hot Jalapeños, I figured I had better not eat anything that required a gallon of beer.
The Sausage Dog
My buddy and cook made this for us. When I got back from sampling all these foods and a gob of beer, he puts me in front of this and expects me to eat it! I ate a few bites which were delicious but I needed a gallon of beer to go with it, so I told him, are you trying to kill me?  Spicylike never before had I eaten anything spicy!  He ate this one and made me another. So good!

This is one of several articles I am writing on this ball game. Stay tuned, there are more to come. You can click on any one photograph in the commentary to view a full screen photo.

No comments: